View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Strange hand vs CTS

Interesting hand, i like it...
First, does CTS consider you to be a 'folder' or a 'caller', or perhaps neither...? This is a spot where his action is sure to be player-dependent, especially if you have a lot of history with him, and he is much more likely to show up with a semi-bluff here if he thinks he can get you to fold JJ or QQ.

As posted, I do think it's reasonable that CTS will show up with a semi-bluff here, in the hopes of getting hero to lay down JJ/QQ if he thinks that the hero would lay down this hand in that spot. Hero did open UTG, and if he is even reasonably tight, then it's unlikely he calls too many reraises oop with 88-TT, especially given that you say that you two don't [censored] with each other too much, and more likely he has JJ, QQ, even KK here. Those are hands that for sure CTS could expect to profitably semi-bluff a reasonable amount of the time.
If CTS does not think hero will lay down JJ/QQ often, then I can't see this being a bluff, and he might even show up with AA or KK here, although likely a 7 or even 66.

So, I guess my final answer is: not enough information is provided about your style (how about vpip/r?) most importantly, and also how you think CTS views you...