View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

Blackwater is just another blight, no, lets call it it what it is, a boil that disfigure perception that the rest of the world has of the USA.

They type of business (if it could be called a business [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) would not be allowed in most civilized country. A large part of their stated aims, although stated euphemistically, on their propaganda is to train and supply mercenaries or unlawful combatants according to the Geneva convention.

This raise a number of questions not the least which are, for example:

"Is the government and its military commanders recognizing that their training, and therefore their military, is incompetent, or nearly not as good as those motivated by greed?". I mean, Blackwater is used for the defense of US diplomats in Iraq and Afghanistan, lets not leave this to the army, they are bound to FU.

If not the above, "Is the government deliberately using the stratagem of using mercenaries or unlawful combatants, to get their dirty work done?" It seems that they are not subject to a court martial for unlawful behaviour, unlike soldiers.

And last, but not least, should the ennemy whoever it happens to be treat them the same way that the US treats "suspected" unlawful combatants, ie treat them with conditions similar to Guantanamo Bay, and no legal process applicable to them. My answer to the last one, to all Blackwater employess, since you are unlawful combatants or mercenaries, driven by greed (Well, you could always join the army, of course, you would not be paid as much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), I think you should be treated similarly. I fail to see why you should not except than Guantanamo Bay is another legal aberration by the USA, thumbing its nose at international society. Whereas I have a lot of respect for the soldiers, and specially those who lose their lifes , mercenaries do not move my heart one bit.