View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: (razz) too aggressive with 65 against strong board?

I agree with Andy. And, you need to bet 6th street ESPECIALLY that you didn't know your opponent, because, if he's the slightest bit passive, and/or, if he paired up somewhere...then you are not going to get a bet in as you had anticipated. Also, when your board has 4 unpaired low cards...the checkraise attempt is going to fail too many times because unless your opponent just caught his gin card, then again, no chips are going into the pot. AND, if he fails to catch anything decent on the river, then you're not going to get paid off there, which I why I prefer to just bet right out on 6th street, and save the fancy plays for when your hand is more concealed, or, if your opponent was known to be overly aggressive.

Oh, and if you bet the river and he raises you? I would just pay it off. I wouldn't reraise only because his cards were live to have a better 6 than you, and, you did say that he was tight, and, I would also be *more* inclined to give him credit for a good hand because of the strength of your open board, not to mention, that, if he can raise you on the river after your c'rai on 6th street(which is obviously a play that is usually saved for the big hands), then I'm just gonna call.