View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Plug small leaks and get better at poker (very tl;dr worthy)

Bona, Ive given it some thought and I think there could be value in me writing a new post to discuss my thoughts on table and seat selection.... last night I had the brilliant idea of taking screenshots of actual tables and discussing what seats are good etc

Then I had what I think is an even better idea which is to make one or two videos with audio where I show open tables, PAHUD displaying stats and me talking about where i would want to sit and why. I would either do this on stars (because I have played there alot lately) or on full titlt (because I could datamine for an hour then have stats on everyone). I could do even do both. Is this a good idea? Im off to the shops to pickup a mic today.

Unfortunately doing all this will take quite some time to prepare and write up but I think Ill have a crack at it.

Im also going to try and find some good previous posts/articles on seat selection to link to but if anyone happens to have any then please post here or PM me. mkay thx.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you constantly table shop while playing? Do you move down limits whenever needed to find good tables and seats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ill briefly comment on this...Yes, I table shop. I get myself on lists of tables that look decent and if I get a 'we reserved u a seat' popup I check out the table if if it looks good Ill then see if any of my other tables suck....if they do Ill close a sucky one and sit at the new one.

FWIW I sort my stars lobby by Plrs/Pot and then look at potsizes. When I sit for a session I usually play one limit for the entire session unless the tables get really bad...like 18/10 bad and not a fish in sight.