View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 03:58 AM

Default \"Where is Mike\" PP promotion

So I'm just playing on PP with "Summary without chat" turned on when all of a sudden I get a notice in red
"FloorPerson: Hello everybody. I'm Mike O' Malley, FloorPerson for Party Poker" (or something like that)
<slight delay then...>
FloorPerson: You are all going to be part of the "Mike, Where Are You?" promotion! All you have to do is stay in the next hand till the showdown (don't fold your hand), and you will win $500!!

Here's the next hand...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($539.62)
Button ($199)
Hero ($386.25)
BB ($72.25)
UTG ($197)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($8) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($8) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, Button calls $5, Hero calls $5, BB calls $5.

River: ($28) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $28

I contemplated pushing on the river cuz they have to call me, but 2 of the guys said stuff like "is this for real?" and the other guy is a guy I've played with a lot and barely knows english. I didn't have enough confidence that these guys were smart enough to call with absolute nothing. Heck, a guy folded preflop!!!!!!!
I guess I was being a little nice, too.