Thread: Ask a frenchman
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Ask a frenchman

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts/opinions on French Indochina (Indochine)?

[/ QUOTE ]

None really... Former colony that we lost along with most of the others in the 50s-60s. Nothing to get all worked up about, especially for my generation.

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened with that thing I remember reading about a year or two ago with all of the black people flipping out for being discriminated etc. Same old same old or are you guys going to let them sit in the front of the bus now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you're talking about one of the multiple "sans papiers" (illegal immigrants) hunger strikes or protest that we had and keep having. It's not over and it's going to get worse, methinks.

[ QUOTE ]
Q - I keep hearing rumours Arsene Wenger wants to go into politics eventually. Is this some sort of bizare Gooner fantasy, or could he be a French equivalent of Arnie? Is Wenger even well known in France?

[/ QUOTE ]

We already have a few sports personalities with political responsiblities. Jean-Claude Killy (former ski olympic gold medallist) and Bernard Laporte (manager of the national rugby team) are two examples. Wenger is well known for his coaching successes abroad and also for his consultant role on french TV for big soccer games. He has litlte charisma though, I can't see him get elected, maybe get nominated.