View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Couples with differing views on religion

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you care if your future wife wants your children to go to church? Religious beliefs aside, how could having your children be church-goers for the early part of their lives and then allowing them to make a choice when they're capable of doing so have any detrimental effects on them? Maybe this is me projecting my experiences on the general population, but I do not know of one person raised in a strong family who was told to go to church growing up ended up being a bad person because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, sort of. I personally feel i have a negative view on organized religion because i was always forced to go to church while growing up, if i had my way i would of stopped going very young because i didn't like the kids in my bible study classes, thought the teachers were a joke for the most part, and hated all the singing. I was raised catholic and then in my early teens my parents decided to start going to christian church because my cousins were, i'm 26 and it still pisses me off thinking about it all.

My problem is i tend to prefer girls that at least have religious backgrounds, imo they tend to be more old fashion in terms of the gf that cooks and doesn't mind cleaning up and all, call me shallow but i like that trait in girls.

On the other hand when i marry a girl i don't want her family to be the uptide conservative religious types, because that's how my family is when everybody gets together. Nothing better than 30 some people getting together on a holiday and nobody drinks, not even a glass of wine amongst the whole bunch, and of course i don't because i don't want to stand out, i already feel like an outsider because i never go to church, and make money gambling and have premarital sex and all that fun stuff that condemns my soul eternally or whatever.

If i have to add another family via marriage, i want it to be one that can have a good time over the holidays and so on. One where if you mention a good movie you saw recently i wont get asked if it's rated "R" though?