View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: ($24) 99 in SB BvB. Line check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make a lot of posts, but you don't have usually reads, that can't be good online.

In your case, without reads your line is fine, probably you could also complete+steal-postflop, but I like your line. But I don't like you having a readless villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing a lot of tables and don't have a HUD it comes down to a) villain is a solid reg, or b) villain is terrible until proven otherwise. That is usually good enough at these stakes.

I'd c-bet this here a lot, he can have anything and checking to him just invites him to take it away with Q5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. you can't just assume your opponent is terrible if you've never seen him before. chris ferguson suggests assuming everyone you play against is a good player unless they prove otherwise, and i think that too might be a little far to the other side, but not far off. i do however think something like a pahud is very important for playing online, and i wouldn't suggest multi-tabling without it.

that said, if you did have reads on villain in this hand, it would be much more helpful. if he's known to be aggro you could limp with the intention of limp/rr, but against an unknown, i like your line. i don't mind not putting any more chips in the pot when we're oop and the flop could have definitely hit our opponent.