View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Help me understand - PLO8 vs. NLO8

[ QUOTE ]
which site are u talkin about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing on Stars. $50 NLO8 mostly with some $25 mixed in. I'm going to stay at these low levels for a while until I figure out if the money I'm making is blind nut-peddling luck or if/when I come to the conclusion that I'm making the right decisions. I'm a relative noob at O8 although I have read the books and lurked this forum for a while.

I understand that PL games offer more pot control. I've never played PL before so don't know how this plays out in reality.

I've brought my NLHE SNG skills over to NLO8 and make similar post flop bets. The amount of preflop limping in these games suits my personality just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There have been a couple times in NLO8 where some idiot will push preflop and luckily I'll be sitting on A235s or something premium and I'll instacall. That can't happen in PL.

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm concentrating on the right game or if I should be learning PL instead. I've started playing B&M LO8 but I can't stand the grind of limit online, plus the games are nowhere near as loose at the levels where it'd be worth my time online. Those games are for the gergeries, not me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Onaflag...........