View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Convincing a neocon

[ QUOTE ]
ALP,

Iran is a third rate third world country that couldn't touch us with a ten foot pole if it weren't for our own incompetent government running our security (whereupon you can knock down skyscrapers and destroy 20% of the Pentagon with boxcutters). Iran isn't going to do squat to Israel, seeing as Israel has two or three hundred nuclear weapons.

Modern day conservatives are always so quick to point out how incompetent the government is at everything it does . . . except foreign policy. Why there, government can do no wrong! Modern day conservatives should choose a set of principles and stick to them. Either government is a pack of incompetent boobs who are no better at centrally planning interventions in foreign affairs than they are at centrally planning interventions in ours, or they should just own their belief that government is infallible and government applied force is the answer to all life's problems, foreign and domestic, and just embrace their inner fascist.

That should work with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll quote you sometime, and work "PhD" in there.

I sense that you seem to be implying to me "You don't need to deflect the truth to convince him." Am I right to think this? Or do you think there might be merit to sugarcoating in certain situations? I just feel like some neocons will register it with rejection if you don't stroke their biases a little.