View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:37 PM

Default NL50: Putting people on ranges when they call 3bet PF

I find it really hard to put someone on a range when they call my 3bet PF. People are showing up with all sorts of hands. I used to assume people were calling with something like TT+, AQs+, but now I don't know. Today I had someone call my 3bet with A4o, and another person called my 4bet (after they min 3-bet) with A7o.

So what range are you giving people who call your 3bets PF without setodds, both when they are IP and OOP? It seems just as wide as what people limp/call with PF. It's like the limp/call range is small-mid PP, small-mid SCs, weak Ax, and then 25% random crap; and the bet/call range is TT+, strong Ax, and then lots of other Ax, suited broadways and other random crap. I really want their range to at least polarize when they call the cbet into sets, TPTK, overpairs and big draws, but it seems like they call with any piece of the flop.

Typical hand:
Preflop: Hero in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Button raises 4BB, Hero in SB raises to 14BB, Button calls

Flop: (28BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets 18BB, Button calls

So now I think, [censored], they must have a QQQ or TTT, or maybe AQ. They can't be calling my 3bet pf with AT?!?!?!? I don't think many people float in 3bet pots at NL50, so I am ready to give up. But it seems this range is wayyyyyyyy to narrow.

Turn: (64BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button bets 10BB, Hero is like WTF and calls

River: (84 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button bets 10BB, Hero is like WTF and calls

Villain shows A5

How can I put them on A5? Nice suckout by me, but how can I fold the turn to a 1/6psb?