Thread: 200nl Video
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: 200nl Video

[ QUOTE ]
but if you bet, it is likely your opponent will fold because his 3bet calling range here pf is wider than you might think, especially since both you guys are deep. c/f is ok if there weren't a side pot; but in this case the side pot is bigger than the main pot. if this were checked to me, i'd make sure you didn't see anymore cards by stealing the side pot with ATC. in short, you need to protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh....

[ QUOTE ]
but if you bet, it is likely your opponent will fold because his 3bet calling range here pf is wider than you might think, especially since both you guys are deep. c/f is ok if there weren't a side pot; but in this case the side pot is bigger than the main pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rarely bet QQ here if the pot were hu and I think it's generally not great poker to do so. I mean, sure, it's likely your opponent will fold but they're just folding worse hands, never better and only calling with better, never worse. Against a reasonably competent opponent you're just dumping money into the pot which you are in no position to defend. I love when people do it vs me though!!! I'm even less inclined to bet here in a protected pot because 99% of people are going to play sooo straight forward that there's really no need to complicate things.

[ QUOTE ]
if this were checked to me, i'd make sure you didn't see anymore cards by stealing the side pot with ATC. in short, you need to protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true of you and it may even be true of me but ime vs the average 1/2 anyhow, it's going to be much more profitable for you to fold and take a note on the 1 or 2 guys that will be bluffing here knowing they have to go to showdown cause most aren't doing that.