View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Apathy or unquenched desire?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no, that statement (as well as a couple others you've made) is simply an incorrect generalization

[/ QUOTE ]
and you (as well as a couple other people who do this every time i post) simply tell me i'm wrong without telling me why. it's cool though. don't ever challenge yourself to re-examine your game. keep thinking of me as the crazy ranter person. [censored] i knew there's a reason i never even bother discussing strat on this forum anymore. bunch of inflexible thinkers who think they have it all figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason that statement was an incorrect generalization is because of the fact that it is not winner take all. ICM clearly shows that it is sometimes best not to make the decision that gives you the best chance of winning the tournament. If you really want a concrete example I can give you one, but that should be clear enough.

And no, I don't think I have it all figured out.

edit: the other blatantly incorrect generalization I was talking about was:

[ QUOTE ]
ANY time you think you can make people fold, you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, if you really want me to think of an example for this I will, but it's pretty clear. I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but I just hate when you go off on these rants and make silly generalizations, even if you do have a point underneath.