View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: (Re)Writing a New Constitution

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want the government to protect the free market, you simply do not encroach on the free market.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where’s the freedom in allowing monopolies to run rampant in the absence of government anti-trust regulation?

Where’s the freedom in making factory or mine workers wage slaves because we don’t have enough jobs to go around and employers won’t provide fair wages or safe working conditions on their own free will?

Where’s the freedom in letting fraudulent and unsafe products reach the market because we cannot let the government regulate the free market?

Since the 1st Wal-Mart opened where I live in 1987 my local retail market has lost something like 15 other retail stores that sold some or all of Wal-Mart's product lines. This isn't competition; it's predation. As a consequence my freedom as a consumer has decreased while my cost as a consumer has increased.

If you value freedom you should be as opposed to central economic planning from Wall Street as you are from Pennsylvania Avenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is a complete mess, but I'd sure like to see how Wal-Mart has increased your costs, given that is a quantifiable fact that most people that shop at Wal-Mart vice other stores have significant decrease in their living costs.