View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: The Ultra-Fi thread

[ QUOTE ]
Would an average person be able to hear the difference between the ultra high fi and say a midrange system? Do you need some special physical gift for hearing. Would a middle aged person be be able to hear this stuff? Additionally, would you have to be a musician yourself to really appreciate this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever listened to a song on the radio in your car and mistook it for a real concert?

Clearly, the answer is yes (to your question). However, there is such a thing as training your ear. Another thing is appreciation. Some people might hear an insanely good system yet don't give a censored and continue with their life as usual. So what matters there is the appreciation of music. Some people didn't grow up with it and don't even understand it. For others it can make them cry as they get really into the music. And again for others they might enjoy music tremendously yet still have a crappy system at home. What is the case there I think is that they've probably never been decently introduced to a good system and shown the differences in sound and experience. For me personally I can be moved at home as I could be live. On that end I really enjoy DVD of live concerts, so you get the whole thing.

PS. I'm listening to Mozart - Requiem album at the moment, on headphones, and it's giving me shivers all over.