View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: question from schneids\' latest CR vid, BB defense with 44

When he mentioned that he was gonna c/r that hand I was like "wtf awful" but then when I thought about it more I was like "wow that's genius". I'm not really sure if I changed my mind just because I think Schneids is the god of lhe or if it is actually a great play but it definitely gave me something to think about.

wrt to the way he plays AX/KX/small pair aggressively on certain board textures, I find when I am playing well/running well I play them aggressively while if I am losing and not playing my best I will generally find a way to show them down cheaply or at least get far enough into the hand that I'm convinced I am beaten. One of the big problems is that if you c/c flop and turn in almost any situation after putting in no aggression at any point it is pretty obvious your hand sucks whale [censored] and you're going to c/c down because any draw or reasonable made hand you would put in more action earlier. There are ways to balance this like c/c flops more with good hands and draws to c/r turn but against most people I think it's better to just do your stuff on the flop.