Thread: 20+2: Yeah
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 20+2: Yeah

1.) I fold preflop - I hate these small suited aces, cause they always drive me into difficult situations, which I like to avoid. But of course we are deep enough to play it if you feel comfortable with these kind of hands.

2.) The flop is good for a c-bet, so I like it. As you get called I would set his range to AK (should have reraised preflop but sometimes they like to play it in position), AJ-A7, A6 and A2, flush-draw, QJ, QT, Q9(?), and nearly every PP

3.) The ace on the turn is a problem (this is why i don't like these hands, cause you hit the TP, but can't be really happy about it). It gets even more complicated with the pot-sizes given. I don't like the c/r, as i'm really not sure if you are in front here.

I think checking is not good for 2 reasons:
- if he is on a draw you give him a free-card, and as the draws are a good part of his range i don't think you want to do that.
- checking with the intention for c/r all-in is also not good for the reasons dunkman has pointed out. And by letting him bet you force yourself to push over him (cause of stack-sizes) with a hand you can't be sure to hold.

I would make it about 600 on the turn. If he pushes I think you are beaten most of the time so i'd fold.

Overall an interesting hand, but one i'm glad not having to play it - another sign for me to avoid these low suited aces [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]