View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster. Round 2.

[ QUOTE ]
Which was stupider:

1. The thread where Daliman asked whether .08 BAC was 8% or 80% of your blood being alcohol.

2. That time where some dude argued that soft drinks(Coke, etc.) were dehydrating.

???

Also, for bonus points, do you remember who it was in #2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely Dali. I think almost everyone has at least heard that soft drinks are dehydrating before, so there's kind've an excuse for that.

I don't remember who #2 was, but I do remember some awesomely simple yet condescending responses from ED in both threads. I also remember IggyWH arguing that it was smarter to keep your cokes upside down in the fridge.

[ QUOTE ]
t0ne,

Not really about another poster but how do you feel about LDO, aments, and the unnecessary IMO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find LDO to be quite useful in the context of BBV-level discussions. It has a distinct meaning, and gets it across very quickly.

lol -aments was very funny in it's initial usage. However, like most things BBV, got entirely played out by the followers trying to make their mark as the funny poster. Really, if we ridiculed more people into realizing how lame this is I think the creativity in the BBVs would skyrocket and bring untold funny to the masses.

Unnecessary IMO is terrible. The worst part is, I've fallen in to using it in posts. Sometimes I catch myself and take it out, sometimes not. Even worse, I think it to myself and clearly pronounce it out "eye-moh" instead of eye-emm-oh.

[ QUOTE ]
On a poster note how do you feel about POG and its posters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never really ventured in there too often unless Stuey pm'd me about a contest he was starting. They seem to have a lot of fun doing what they do though, so good for them. It needs to be said, however, goddamn do they post a lot. It's weird to see someone with 11,000 posts who you've never heard of before. Then you see that they reg'd 8 months ago and you already know how it happened.