View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning to come over from HK on the Thursday. Is it still going to be possible to buy in to the main event on Thursday afternoon?

[/ QUOTE ]
Registration will open at 1000 on Thursday and I expect the lineup to start around 0900 (or maybe earlier). I have no idea when the event will sell out, but it most probably will sometime on Thursday.

We're holding 10 seats for each of the Mega Satellites and you might be able to qualify through those if you don't arrive in time.

[ QUOTE ]
Also can you confirm the "big names" who will be there for either event? Looking forward to this very much.

[/ QUOTE ]
The list of "big names" who will be here this week includes FOUR World Series of Poker Main Event Champions:<ul type="square"> [*]Mansour Matloubi (1990)[*]Scotty Nguyen* (1998)[*]Joe Hachem* (2005)[*]Jerry Yang* (2007)[/list]Also:<ul type="square">[*]Barry Greenstein* (2 WSOP Bracelets)[*]Bill Chen (2 WSOP Bracelets)[*]Dan Schreiber (1 WSOP Bracelet)[*]Jeffrey Lissandro* (1 WSOP Bracelet)[*]Bertrand "ElKy" Grospellier[*]Manlee Wan[*]Liz Lieu*[*]Vanessa Rousso*[*]Lee Nelson[*]Masaaki Kagawa*[*]Isabelle Mercier*[*]Chad Brown[*]Tuan Lam[*]Fabrice Soulier[*]Terrence Chan*[*]Hevad RaiNKhaN" Khan[*]Van Marcus*[*]Ziv Bachar (APPT Seoul Champion)[*]John Juanda*[*]Kirk Morrison[*]Travis Rice[*]Alan Sass[/list]* marks people confirmed to play in the $15,000 High Roller Event