View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Over Prison Abuse

I am for Rumsfeld being tried for war crimes (and the attorney general as well). I believe the US violated the Geneva Conventions of which we are a signatore. We must be held accountable for our actions. Ultimately, the blame will lay with our President as it should (in two years why wouldn't he be tried?). It was clearly his directive to Rumsfeld or at least his green light that led to our tortured version of what we could and couldn't do. Even today, with his signing statement, Bush is allowing torture to occur on behalf of the US.

Perhaps if Cheney, then Secretary of Defense, had been held accountable in the late 1980's for providing Iraq with air intelligence which was used to pinpoint mustard gas attacks against Iranian soldiers - another violation of the Geneva Conventions - he and Rumsfeld wouldn't have been able to take us down this latest dark path in Iraq.

I don't care where the court is held so long as it is impartial. The ultimate irony is that Bush chose to track down and have Sadam Hussein tried for war crimes. Not that he didn't deserve it, but whats good for the goose is good for the gander...