View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Workplace Gripes – Vent Here! ! (or just share workplace stories)

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously, the key to any sort of coordination position is a basic understanding of the process and life cycle of a project. I know that some of them can't be bothered to learn it, because they can just ask someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely dealt with this too. I wrote up the necessary procedures briefly(no, seriously!), distributed them, and sent a copy to higher-ups not just so everyone would know what to do, but so it was documented that I did everything I could to make the workflow go more smoothly and make clear both the minimal levels of cooperation I was asking for and how ridiculously petty it was not to get it.

BTW, I'm pretty sure a lot of this kind of thing is just passive-aggressive on their part. Some people are just lazy, but others want to take every opportunity they can to reaffirm their status, even by not doing ridiculously simple and clear things. At least, reaffirm it in their own minds. It's the very fact that it IS so easy to just do it themselves that makes them feel extra powerful for forcing you to do it for them.