View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Live Low Limit Stuff

I think I counted 2 PF raises in the session. Totally passive table. Typical players just playing for half the pot. This is one part of my game that I have finally got a grip on(half the pot play). In fact, last night I twice dumped nut low draws when I didn't have any high potential at all. Both times it turned out to be good decisions for me because the lows never materialized at all and there were only a few players in these 2 pots. This is a part of my O8 game that has taken a while to get but I finally have a handle on this part now. It is so cliche' sounding, but it truly is a scooping game. I guess I have to get used to folding a lot PF since it seems to be working for me(even though it not the most exciting way to play).

Here is a hand from last night(try to keep it brief). Not sure if I should have pulled or pushed people in this one so I opted to just bet it. UTG I got A229, Ace suited in spades, first to act, I merely called, 4 other limpers, flop came 2 more low cards and 2 spades so I have the nut draws on both low and high. Checked to me, I just decided to bet it cause I thought I'd have plenty of callers, I was right, turn gave me nut flush, 2 callers with me, river gave me nut low as well. Ended up scooping. I guess utg, was it correct to just call the bet PF instead of raising PF and knocking to many people out with my potential scoop hand? Happy with the results. Wish I was in a LP so I then I may have raised it up PF or raised more later on!