View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Bellagio 10-20: Overpair on Monotone Flop

I have 6k in middle position.
Villain is Sasha, a loose, tricky Canadian player. He is on the button and covers.

I raise to 60 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Sasha calls
3 other callers.

Flop: (300) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

It's checked around to me.
I check, for fear of a flush.
Sasha bets 260
It's folded around to me.
I call, thinking he is probably on a steal.

Turn: (820) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check
He bets 600
I call

River: (2020) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He bets 1500
I fold.
If it hadn't come a heart, I would have called.

Preflop, I only raised to 60 because a third of the time an overcard is going to come on the flop, and I want several people seeing the flop with me so that I minimize my investment while maximizing my equity and pot size. I'm deep-stacked, and what I'm ultimately hoping for is for someone else to hit their hand when I hit mine harder. Do you think this is a high-expectation approach?

On the flop, would you bet the pot with 4 people in with you?