View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

First of all, there is nothing wrong with the limp as such. I am not sure if it is the right play for Baltostar, since it makes things tricky postflop if you don't get raised, and there are also problems where an LRR may turn your hand face up, but if people just fold if they miss their set, you can make the same move without a big pair. There are also problems with open raising big hands in early position.

Obviously, I am a limper, and don't think it is necessary to flame people for not always raising in this spot.

When you play the hand 5-handed in a limped pot, there is a good chance someone caught something.

I am not sure I like the small bet on the turn. How would people play that?

When you get raised, villain could have 2-pair, a set, a draw, or top pair. I think this is a close decision.

I really think people are going overboard with the Baltostar abuse here. This is an interesting hand, regardless if Baltostar misplayed it. Also, the preflop and initial turn bets may be errors, but they are not huge errors.

I really think this is a reasonable HSMTT hand, and it is OK to have bad players post hands here. Baltostar has annoyed people with his strategy posts, but I don't see anything wrong with this post.

I also think that Baltostar is not the one who comes out looking like a jerk in this thread.