View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Poker tracker and flop stats

[ QUOTE ]
Bona, you missed one situation "called" which I really was interested in.

Kerowo, let me explain my retarted thought if I can. If you review a statistic in PT and that stat shows that you lose money in the long run shouldn't you change something in the way you play that hand or hand type ie if you look at results when playing offsuit connectors and you end up losing with any hands less than 98o, you probably should not play them, right? So now lets get to the situation I was think of, you look at your stats when you have raised preflop but only called the flop and you find out that is a losing situation for you. Should you be changing the way you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a word. No.

Your stats are going to be based on too small a sample to be meaningful.
Stats are descriptive, not predictive. Just because you have certain numbers doesn't mean you are going to have a certain win rate or even be playing correctly.
It completely ignores the other people in the hand, who are more important than your stats.
There was a thread a while back where we were talking about win rate for AA and it turned out that over 20 or 30 thousand hands AA had won more than I had totally. So using your logic I should only play AA becuase playing other hands costs me money.