View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: College Football Thread

Wisconsin/Michigan in November in Madison should be for the Big Ten title. I have tickets so I will be making the trip there for the first time. Very excited to go to a great venue; not as excited about the cold.

My Wolverines should be the opposite of last year: strong/elite offense, mediocre D. The problem is that DeBord is not likely to maximize our offensive output, so I
m nervous. OTOH, I'm cautiously optimistic that the D will still be fairly good, although every defensive back not named Morgan Trent terrifies me.

Schedule is very favorable: 8 home games, including Oregon, ND, OSU, and Penn State. IIRC, only Penn State and Oregon have returning starting QB's (of the teams that matter, anyway). Most worried about Wisconsin, with Oregon as my number #2 concern. I still have an irrational fear that maybe Morelli will not suck against us. They gotta beat us sooner or later right?

If I had to predict, I'd say 12-1, either 12-0 and a loss in the title game or 11-1 and a bowl win. I think we're good enough to run through the schedule but a step behind USC/whoever else is up there.