View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: WSEX Wager \"correction\"

[ QUOTE ]
OP you took a shot at a book whether you knew it or not. They don't like people betting bad lines (ie obvious mistakes, not just a bit off market). They feel they are being taken advantage of and will be quick to boot you. The fact that you unloaded on it makes it even more dodgy. Personally I feel that if they take the bet then they should pay it out but I'm not the one setting the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

It bothers me that you think I should be booted for accepting a wager that was offered on their site. I didn't put the line up there. I did what a good bettor is supposed to do. I looked for a wager that I thought gave me a good edge. I found it, I bet it. Maybe they have the right to cancel it (anything goes offshore, and I know my rights - none), but don't tell me I am acting "dodgy". I didn't check the line against any other books, so I really didn't have much of a frame of reference. I will say that if I had known the line was that much better than other books, I would have probably bet more. You see, that's what I'm trying to do - find good bets.

And for the record, my bet wasn't some huge life-changing action. I have made very few bets there (10 - 15?), and the wager was about 1.5% of the bankroll I have on their site. I play a lot of poker there, and have been a good customer.

A little quality control would go a long way - hard to swallow your bet being cancelled as soon as Tiger birdies the first four.