View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: *** Official NY Mets Our OFFSEASON Has Come Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are a number of young OFs (thinking of LA and T.B.)on the trade market, so everyone thinking Milledge would draw an all-star is not being realistic. Two years ago no one wanted to trade him because his perceived value was high, and now everyone wanted to flip him for a stud pitcher. Well guess what, his trade value (evidenced by this trade) has gone down. Church is solid (somewhat popular in D.C. actually). Scheider signed an inflated contract a couple years ago (4 for $24M if I recall correctly) but is a solid catcher.

If I was a Mets fan, I would be still be disappointed with the trade. However, I think it is actually a disappointment that that Milledge's value was not higher. This causes regret that Omar did not sell high 1 year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Millege's value is so low, why trade him at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's hard to tell what other teams thought of him, the guy can hit well, but his attitude is awful, but he could have been packaged for a player quite nicely if teams were that concerned about him being the centerpiece (if that makes sense), he might not be prized anymore, but he still prolly generates a lot of interest...

i don't buy into minaya saying he couldn't find a better offer than this, he could have waited for the meetings later on or if he wasn't impatient, could have simply held onto milledge and let him play his value back up a little...

agree with the regret that milledge wasn't traded a couple of years back, but definitely can't fault minaya for this, we just signed alou who was a question with his age and didn't have the depth we now have there, the only plus was beltran...also, the mets were committed to some youth and the success of reyes/wright may have edged them towards holding onto milledge...