View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: TV Pundits, Commentators and Anchors

Youtalkfunny -

[ QUOTE ]

As for analogies, Miller can't go five minutes without using my favorite joke structure: "A makes B look like C." Like, "Duluth is so cold, they make Minneapolis look like Miami."

That works for me every time. Miller steps it up a notch, though, and would say something like, "He makes Hirohito look like Chamberlain."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! After reading your post (and DrewDevil's reference) I'm starting to think that I've not fully appreciated Dennis Miller's gift. I think from now on I'll try to look at him with a more appreciative eye.

Kickabuck-

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Matthews of 'Hardball' is among the best in the business both in interviewing the pundits and doing political analysis. His questions are poignant and his analysis and understanding of events from both a right and left perspective is fairly unique in the business. He ticks off both liberal and conservative watchdog groups, so he's probably doing something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true. I too like Chris Matthews. His questions are really solid and I agree that he makes a point of coming at the issues from both sides. The guy is squirrelly. You cannot peg him. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he used to be more liberal?