View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Reopening Insider Information Debate.

"I don't think anyone here would argue there isn't value in obtaining special information like your monopoly machine info, or Groty's hedge fund market research. Information which either isn't available to the general market. Or knowledge about how the market is specifically misevaluating information that is available to it. Such information or knowledge is valuable by itself and I can't see how it wouldn't add value to a fundamental analysis - which I think was the point of your thread on that topic. If you have ideas on how to obtain such specific information I'm sure people here would like to hear them. The thing is if you don't, it doesn't do us much good listening to you tell us that it would be nice to have"

You are still missing the point. My claim is that you need not have any information. What you need is to be a good anticipator of prices. You are agreeing with me and disagreeing with DesertCat about how often there are people who know something you don't. Yet DesertCat and not you seem to realize the strategic implications if he is in fact wrong.