View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 Northern Colorado Won 63-6
Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 23 Charleston Southern Won 66-10
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington 11:30pm

What I see there is that they crushed EVERYBODY they played, save for playing close games (discounting Nevada and LT) against the bowl eligible teams in their conference.

What you're saying is they got hurt because Michigan (and pretty much every other mainland power school) is too afraid to play them? Michigan took Hawaii out and put in Appalachian State, and we see how well that worked. I never liked punishing this team because the "power" schools don't want to get embarrassed. I'm not saying Hawaii deserves it necessarily, but it would be damn fun to watch.