View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
I am a fairly large lifetime winner in NLHE cash games. I killed 25/50 at Party and did quite well at Stars. I had a nice Stars bankroll, but I played super high stakes Chinese poker with Matusow, Roland de Wolfe, David Grey, etc in Australia and got crushed. I had to pay off the debts using my online money. I didn't learn my lesson and continued to play and had one more awful session playing HU criss-cross with a friend and lost more of my online roll. This is probably the biggest mistake of my career because if not for this incident I would probably still be playing (and beating) 25/50 at Stars. I had no idea how to play the game when I played super high in Australia. lol at this fu,ck DCJ311 or whatever. I know Rob Mizrachi is the source you're talking about. I missed one straight flush when I was fu,cked up out of my mind at Commerce after coming back from a Clippers game. I realized right when I opened my hand that I'd overlooked a wheel straight flush and Rob pointed it out. It didn't happen again. It's funny because DCJ posted the same thing months ago in some other thread. I'm sure he's just some live nit grinder who is pissed at the world and all the young kids who make more money than him. In my blog post when I talked about "dabbling" in NLHE cash games, I used that word because I've been away from cash for a while. It's not like I'm brand new to cash games and just fu,cking jumped into the biggest game I could find with my tournament bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

what were the stakes of the chinese poker games and how much did you lose?