View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: 100nl... QQ hu, oop, and deep... SIGH

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn. You are losing so much value by not betting because all draws check behind and you are good here so much more often than not. You also are missing value from any 9 by not betting.

Against most people I play I bet this turn looking to get it in, but you'll have to judge for yourself if your opponent fits into that category. The only possible K he can have here is a weak one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the only possible K he could have a weak one? I was thinking just the opposite because he called the preflop 3-bet, meaning if he has a K it's either AK or KJ, with KQ being unlikely because we have two of the Queens.

Also, I think betting the turn makes a lot more sense if the second card absent the two kings is a T or a J instead of a 9. In that instance, there are a lot more hands in his 3betting range that would have hit middle pair.

As it stands though, what 9s could he have? A9 is definitely a possibility, but even with giving him a wider calling range both K9 and Q9 aren't very likely because of the two Ks on the board and the two Qs in our hand. J9s could be in his calling range, but beyond that I don't think we're missing out on much value by checking the turn. If the opponent checks behind on the turn, we're still going to get a decent amount of value out of 9s and middle pairs with our river value bet.