Thread: Math question
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Math question

Rolf Slotboom's review on his site is reasonably fair. The main fault IMO is the lack of explanation of 'reverse implied odds' and over emphasis on 'pot equity' simulations. The writing is mostly technical, concise and precise, and to the point and some concepts are brilliantly explained (ie. implied odds winning zone).

Do you want a non-flowery educated explanation of the maths you're asking about with worked out examples, or are you looking for a general poker book to improve your play?

Most players just aren't very interested in grubby 'details', and whilst Jerod's book is highly regarded, I couldn't see this stuff explained flicking through it in bookstore; as noone has suggested "Maths of Poker" I'm guessing it's not covered in detail, with space taken up by more advanced concepts.

So reviews or not, it's the best I've seen for covering this though "Killer Poker Maths" may be more palatable and may cover it, I have not studied that book.

There's some threads in the Omaha8 section of forum, covering probability using combinatoric, and one question asking about liklihood of holding AAnn with some debate on a common approximation technique for multiple opponents.