View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Is Terrell Davis a HOFer?

Slight hijack here, but I don't think it deserves it's own thread:

How about Isaac Bruce? I'd have laughed at anybody who mentioned him at a potential HOFer a few weeks ago, but for some reason I was looking at stats the other day, and he's accumulating them to the point where it might be impossible to leave him out.

Right now, he's got 887 catches for 13376 yards (15.1 average), and 80 touchdowns. He's still going strong too - last year he was 74/1098. You want to see the list of all the WRs with 1000 catches and 15000 yards? Here it is:

1. Jerry Rice

Barring injury, Bruce will surely add his name right below. (Marvin Harrison will likely reach those milestones before Bruce as well.)

The Super Bowl win with the Rams certainly doesn't hurt either. He's already Top 10 all-time in receptions and yards, and should be Top 5 in both before he's done.

Negatives: Only 4 Pro Bowls. Only two seasons in the NFL Top 10 in catches, four in yards, and three in receiving TDs.

I'm thinking the stats he's amassed might be enough when all is said and done though. So what do you think? Is Isaac Bruce a Hall of Famer?