View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: My tournament vs. efficacy in a nutshell (semi-LC)

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 J9s I dunno. depends a lot on his 3bet range I think whether to raise flop or turn or river

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in this spot raising the river maximizes the value from his range. He's not folding the turn unless he has a hand I want him to bet the river with too.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 4 A4o is bad. you think he is paying off with worse or are you turning your hand into a bluff? I think c/r flop is better. when he bets the turn after you peel that flop his range is a lot stronger unless there is some metagame stuff going on I don't know about. also we don't give free cards to hands that would prob call our flop c/r and fold turn UI

[/ QUOTE ]

You have some good points here except a) with a flop c/r he calls down with better A-high, but with this line he folds it; b) he wasn't taking any free cards, even with draws, so c/r this turn charges the max to straight draws and is a value bet; c) I DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD HIT ANOTHER 3-0UTER HYACHACHA.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 5 58s bet flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't c-bet every single flop; you have to mix in a few check-behinds, and you have to do it with both monsters and crap. It's just part of the mix-it-up strategy you have to have in HU SNGs like this. Playing every hand ABC is going to hurt you.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 6 Q3o preflop seems really bad

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't; I set this hand up from the beginning with other lrr's and waiting for the right board.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 9 A9o bet turn don't give free cards to weak draws that would fold and charge his good draws/pairs that realize you're taking a showdown line and can play v well vs you

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't understand; he hit his 3-outer and I knew it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
hand 11 bet turn

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not finding some opportunities for value checks, then you're missing a weapon from your game. This was the perfect spot for it imo (and in efficacy's too, as he later admitted).