View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: 15/30 deep bluff

I agree with the sentiment that u should try and run over such weak players. It is the line u took tho that is the problem and it stems from errors preflop and flop imo. checkraising flop and leading turn looks much stronger and can even be followed up with a river shove if u are so inclined...it just doesnt look like a flush draw at any stage and makes it much more difficult for the villain to stack you with AT or such stationish hands that he can justify calling with on the current line.

One thing I have learnt is that if u are bluffing stations you should test them for their stack before the river. There is nothing they find easier than making river calls as they think "ah i am probably good here", a read they are harder pressed to make if u test them earlier in the hand. In such a scenario villain will likely flat call the flop check raise but fold to the turn pot bet lead and in he does call u can still draw out so have some draw and fold equity throughout.

If you had AJ or A3 how would u have played flop and turn presuming u don't rr it preflop?