View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: More fun from 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
On second thought I think the best way to play the hand, in a vacuum, is to call the flop. If there is serious action behind you like a raise and re-raise, then you can fold without seeing the turn. If there a just a few more callers behind you, then you have set up a good opportunity to raise a safe turn (any 2,3,5,6). Otherwise you check/fold the turn. I think this is good because you can get off the hand cheap (1 small bet), which is very tough from the BB in a multi-way flop with a marginal hand when you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thought process is a little backward. I think this decision is very close between raising and folding and calling is by far the worst of the 3 options. You sometimes have to get your hands a little dirty and this is not a time to play cautiously if you are going to continue. Your list of safe turn cards is also problematic in that they arent all safe and they represent less than have the deck. The beauty of this being a limped/small pot is that you may make hands with huge equity like QT and QJ fold. In addition, popping out a turn raise will be pretty darn expensive relative to the pot size and the SB also may decide to check since he missed his draw and there is still a field of fish to lead into.