View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: It\'s my gf\'s 21st, help me plan (in NYC)

Woh, you are approaching this in the wrong way. First of all, even if you have no problem affording 1000-2000, that seems like an unhealthy amount for a college student to be spending on his GF's birthday. But more importantly, the 21st is a birthday that should be spent with friends getting drunk. She doesn't have to do 21 shots or anything, but going out to a really nice dinner then maybe meeting up with friends sounds really lame for a 21st birthday. Save the romantic stuff for your anniversary or Valentines Day. It would be a lot cooler if you arranged for all of her friends to surprise her at dinner (while of course encouraging her to drink a lot at dinner) and then all of you go out together to a nice club after that, at which point you would have an opportunity to throw around money, which you seem to want to do. You should have no problem getting into one of the nicer clubs in the meat packing district if you buy a couple of bottles and have a lot of 21 year old girls in tow.

But then again, an Asian girl who works at a bank from 6:30-6:30 everyday might have a different idea of what a 21st birthday should be like than most of the girls I knew in college, so I could be way off in my assessment.