View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: quick turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
"the reason why many people find spots like this frustrating, is that with so little information you're basically making a high variance decision that equates to a stab in the dark."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
no. the reason why this spot is a pain is bc this guy has absolutely no regard for my action. i capped the freaking flop. im screaming big jack or overpair and hes still coming at me like he has the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hes reppin a duece or j8 or maybe 88 or jj. does he know thats what hes reppin? or is he thinking duhhh top pair bet.

whats my range in his eyes? overpair, tj to aj or flush draw (i doubt i cap the fd but maybe with ak.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] You're entirely unable to put the player's actions into any sort of narrow context. This is a weird spot that you'll never get to experience that much, so it's not like you can make an accurate judgment based on a large sample of past experience. If you were really familiar with the player in question you would sometimes fold here or sometimes raise (and maybe sometimes call). You don't have that information.

I think the last 3 "strat" posts I've made in MHUSH (spread out over like the last 4 months) have all amounted to something like this. The point is that in the typical message board discussion format there should be a type of reply which comes up all the time but never does, and it should basically read: "You don't have enough information to make an accurate decision." Sometimes this means you're guilty of not paying enough attention and sometimes it just means that you're going to FUBAR the hand a lot no matter what you do.