View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Ottawa Park Golf Course is a short, storied course in Toledo, Ohio. It was designed by Sylvanus P. Jermain, the co-founder and first president of Inverness Club. The inaugural Amateur Public Links championship was held there in 1922. It is said to be the first public course west of New York.

It is a par-71 that plays 5079 yards through the trees and rolling hills. Seven of its par-4s play less than 300 yards. Two of the par-3s are listed under 100 yards. It is short, but you had better have a short game if you are going to play it.

I shot 3 under par 68 today. Six birdies, one bogey and one double. From the sixth hole I went birdie-birdie-par-par-birdie-birdie-birdie and then left a birdie on the 15th hole in the jaws about an inch short. Of course I drove it in the trees on 16 made my double there. I finished par-par including a nice up and down from the back bunker on 18. 24 putts. YAHOO! First time I have ever broke par at Ottawa Park. (Though I must admit I was thinking 29 on the back at one point.)