View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: OMG the Hoosiers are going to a bowl!

beatpurdue - there are usually a couple of 6 win teams every year that don't get invited. They are usually from the MAC or Sun Belt though but also a couple of BCS teams too.

Kent State, Arkansas State, ULL, SMU, PITT and Kansas last year were all 6-6 and all got left out.
Edit - Wyoming, Arizona and Washington State were all eligible and didn't make it also.

That's a lot of teams last year that were eligible and didn't get a bowl bid. I had no idea there were that many.

Then there were the days when it was REALLY tough for a mid-major to get a bowl-bid if they didn't win their conference.
Miami, OH went 10-1 in 1998 including an upset of #11 UNC in the opening week and their only loss coming against undefeated Marshall.
But Miami got left out in the cold...while NC took their 6-5 record out to the Las Vegas Bowl.

Now the MAC has 3 bowl bids so the days of a 10-1 team getting locked out have pretty much passed us by. Although the Sun Belt has only 1 bid I believe so it could still possibly happen in that conference I guess.