View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Default WSOP hand: Turned TPTK vs sudden heavy action

(Since the MTT forum deals primarily with no-limit hands, I'm posting this here.)

This one came up during Monday's $1500 WSOP tourney. We're at 400-800 blinds, 8-16 limit. I have a stack of around 12-13K to start the hand.

I pick up AdKc UTG+1 and raise. I am called by the SB (has around 12K or so) and BB (7K or so). I have been playing with both of them for the past couple of hours and feel like I have a generally good read of their play.

SB: A 40-something white dude who's sporting a Full Tilt jersey that he got from playing online so much. He seems pretty solid and aggressive enough. He has a very pronounced tell that he gives off when he has or thinks he has a big hand -- he moves his eyes very rapidly and smirks.

BB: A 40-something black dude that has shown absolutely no aggression thusfar at the table. On at least four occasions, I have seen him fold when he was *first to act* (including one time when he was heads-up on the river).

Me: I have built up my stack primarily by getting into showdowns with premium hands and haven't gotten caught getting out of line. I have been very quiet for the last level or so.

Flop: JcTd5c

Checked to me, I bet. SB check-raises and is giving off the tell. BB thinks for a while and calls. I call.

Turn: Kh

SB fires out a bet. BB thinks for maybe 2 seconds and raises.

My play?