Thread: HU BLUFFING 1/2
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: HU BLUFFING 1/2

Given the last bit of your post makes me think twice about betting here:

[ QUOTE ]
Also, he didn't stack off when we both turned the nut straight and he had no redraw and b/c the turn and c/c the river board when it paired and I vb.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, as you're obviously well aware, we have no chance of winning the pot without a bet (ldo). Are we representing the nut straight with our turn raise? I assume so. If so, how much would we value bet the paired river with the straight - or how much does he think we will?

The flop donk looks a lot like AQxx or A4xx with nut spades. If we think he'll lay down top two on the river then bet, which I think is a significant chance. However, if he's likely to look us up with AQ in this spot (obviously depends on his tendencies and how aggressive you've been playing/showing down bluffs) then it might just be wise to give up in this spot. On the other hand, I think it helps our metagame if he looks us up and we have a bluff - it will definitely aid our image in the long run so that leads me more to bet.

All in all, although your last note makes me a little concerned, I think I bet this most of the time, probably around 2/3 - 3/4 pot bet. If we get a fold - terrific, if he does look us up - it will allow us to value bet the crap out of him in future situations and raise the nuts on the turn and have him look us up.

Also - I feel really stupid asking this as I play on Stars a fair bit, but where are the HU Omaha tables??? I can't seem to see them in the regular lobby?