View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Horrible Moderation In Politics Forum

[ QUOTE ]
As for 4 High's ban, the reason I did it was a passage in the pamphlet where the Congressman explained that Evolution science is the result of a Jewish conspiracy. This is classic anti-semitism because it feeds into the "Jews control the world" myth. I can PM the link on Monday if anyone is interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that a link to this website (one that states that the sun DOESN'T revolve around the earth and evoulution science is all a jewish conspiracy) is really going to feed into the "Jews control the world" myth"? If anything bringing this trash to the light exposes it for the idiocy and bigotry it is, which is clearly bad for the whole "Jews control the world" movement.
[ QUOTE ]
more than half of the country believes in creationism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh, don't remind me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a reasonable possibility that someone like that would take the Congressman's message to heart

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? What percentage of people that could view the politics forum would you estimate would buy into the idea that the earth doesn't revolve around the sun, and that evolution is fake?
[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to step down if someone came forward that I thought could do a better job than me. I have [censored] and Andyfox in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]
You seem like a nice honest guy so it's hard for me to criticise you. Just ease back on the moderation, don't delete links unless it violates copyrights or 2p2 policy, and add a no-hijacking rule to keep discussion on topic (rather then continuously being hijacked to AC) and I'd love ya.

But if you are taking suggestions, I'd nominate MickeyBraush, Borodog, Poofler, and Bobman. I respect their judgement, and the first two have expierence moderating forums in the past (not on 2p2).