Thread: What is AC?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: What is AC?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why? If most people don't care about being forcibly taxed to take care of the poor, what makes you think they won't donate to help them as well?

[/ QUOTE ] How is it +EV for me to donate to the poor?

[/ QUOTE ] How is it +EV for me to be taxed?
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The impeccable track record of capitalism is well documented as a success.

[/ QUOTE ] What track record? I thought you ACers call our economic system mercantilism.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a matter of degree. Capitalism is thriving in spite of government intrusion.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How? Bill Gates and other rich individuals uses his "status" to create things that benefit all of society. It's only when someone can use another's wealth (ie, a politician using tax money for his entire claim to power) that the things you describe happen in history.

[/ QUOTE ] Bill Gates doesn't create anything. He is a major shareholder and chairman-of-the-board of a corporation (Microsoft) that employs people who create things. You know, a corporation. That evil construct which shifts liability burdens onto the poor or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should read up on Bill Gates and corporations

Would we be better or worse off with Bill Gates? Would we be better off with or with out businesses? Why or why not?

Many types of corporations have limited liability. In other words if they create large debts they are externalized to the state, or in other words us, the tax payers or something.