View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: NBA: Gold Medal Super Star Theory

Here's the 2nd half of the article as well http://www.nbadraft.net/mcchesney002.asp

Semtex, I think KG is on pace to be a Gold Medal superstar; however, between the who wold you rather have KG or Duncan?

I think the article is more food for thought then an extensive analysis of the situation; however, for the most part it holds true.

That article was posted at the beginning of last year, and gasp look who won the title again.

And Billy, I don't understand why you say people on bad teams don't get MVP votes. Tracy McGrady is 43rd on the list, and he hasn't been out of the first round yet, and the magic were terrible for years.

I would also venture to guess if Boozer averages (30 and 10 lol) and the Jazz continue to have good regular seasons he'll get a lot of MVP consideration. Also he factors in first team nba votes. Even if you're on an absolutely terrible team you'll get first/2nd team all team nba votes.

Of teh current players LeBron, KG, Kobe, AI, Kidd, Nash, Nowitzki are the only ones who even have a shot at GMS with Shaq and Duncan already being GMS's. This article was posted at the beginning of last year, so not sure if any of the 04 class got serious mvp consideration or all team nba votes without looking.

With that list you then look at supporting casts. LeBron has 0 chance, kobe has 0 chance, Shaq as well because he's so old.

So there's your short list of possible NBA Championship Winners.

Mavs, Celts, Nets, Spurs, Suns, Nuggets.