View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Why TAG is wrong - or - help me sort my brain out

[ QUOTE ]
Is that not the case for everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is clearly no. I remember reading a stats post proably over a year ago from a well respected poster who now plays reasonably high limits, the post detailed his career stats. It showed that the player had flown through the mid limits only playing ~20k hands at 5/10 and 10/20 and winning 2-3 BB per 100. Is that player a good player now, highly likely, was he a good player then possibly did he run good at that time all most certainly. Subsequently that player has had his own well documented downswing. However that initial good run helped build a bankroll and gave him confidence to draw upon when the bad times hit. A 100k hands of losing poker or 200k near breakeven is much harder to take mentaly (and to recover your bankroll) when it is not preceeded by an initial good or even average run. It 's impossible for any of us to know if you suck at poker but it does sound highly likely you have run bad for an extended period. Unfortunatly I suspect there is not much you can do that you are not already doing to improve the situation.