View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Have I discovered a pyramid scheme? What should I do?

This is 100% Quixtar/Amway. I used to work there. No, I wasn't a distributor. I had an actual job at their headquarters in Ada at what has been renamed Alticor because they wanted to distance themselves from the Amway name.

Hendricks is the name of one of the heads of one of the nine or so main downlines in the company that go back decades with Amway. There is about a 0% chance that the guy you spoke to is actually "Frank Hendricks". He is just telling you that for now so that when you look at the site you will be that much more impressed. They do stuff like this all the time.

There is nothing illegal going on here. Quixtar/Amway sucks, though and there are a million better ways to make money without annoying the hell out of your friends and family. The products that you buy directly through Quixtar are way overpriced as well. They'll keep telling you that the PV/BV (points volume/bonus volume, I believe) more than makes it up for it, but believe me when I say that it isn't true. I know their compensation plan forwards and backwards.