View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Have I discovered a pyramid scheme? What should I do?

Don't wait for it, most I'll lose is $400, hardly worth crying over.

Anyway, brief trip report. They gave me all the info I was looking for and I will be evaluating it this week. The promises of mercs and million dollar homes for 10 hours a week have stopped. The stuff I asked for supposedly comes in the mail once you pay the $200, it's part of their starter package. I haven't paid them a dime yet and just asked to borrow it. I read some of the stuff during the meeting, found that their materials buy-back policy is (paraphrased) "if an IBO quits, their sponsor is required to buy back all the materials they purchased at a reasonable price", not sure what a reasonable price is, but it's crappy in 1 of 2 ways: either I'm forced to buy back all the materials IBOs I recruit purchase when they leave, or anything I purchase will only be bought with pennies on the dollar. The guy said I couldn't take the guide, but he emailed me the PDF version. It looks the same length and contents as the actual booklet, so I believe it's legit. I also saw him downloading it off their site in the references section (members-only)

Also, I'll be attending one of their conferences this saturday, I guess it'll be similar to the one in the Dateline program. This will be the first time I invest any money into Quixtar and the price is...$12. I'll write more about it if you guys are interested, but if they try to upsell me or anything, I'm gone (not buying any of their motivational tapes).

Another thing, the books they want their IBOs to read are all legit stuff, some of which I've read on my own before: Think and Grow Rich, RDPD, As A Man Thinketh, 7 habits, etc. So far they gave me a couple of their motivational CDs to listen to and one book, "Pro-Sumer Power" by Bill Quain, basically more about Amway/Quixtar stuff. It's pretty good, but nothing new to me, so I don't get too excited over that stuff and definitely won't be purchasing any of it.